Become a change maker and join Node4.
Node4 have a committed, talented, and diverse workforce that is growing all the time, but as we expand through our own growth and acquisitions, we never lose sight of the most important part of our business - our people. We want you to grow, learn, and evolve alongside us.
So, whether you're just starting out in your career or looking to progress as an industry professional, Node4 has a place for you.
About the role
As a 1st line support engineer you will be the entry point for all requests and tickets, while also working closely with 2nd line teams to provide a cohesive experience for clients. You will be required to update customers on all stages of support calls, from logging, research, action plan, escalation to resolution and if required timely escalate to 2nd line. An excellent line of communication must be upheld at all times with team members and clients to ensure the highest level of customer service.
Overall, our 1st line support engineers are the focal point of our managed services team providing first class support to our customers ensuring they are leveraging the benefits of their technology investment.
What will you bring?
- The drive to continually progress skills year on year.
- Ability to adapt to new and unfamiliar technologies quickly.
- Excellent self-driven time management skills applied when delivering support services.
- Highly motivated to deliver quality outcomes with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Excellent personal management skills relating to conduct, timekeeping and delivery against commitments.
- Excellent punctuality skills relating to customer and non-customer engagements.
- Excellent inter-personal skills working in and contributing to small and large teams both client facing and internally.
- Contribute to new ideas for support and managed services.
- Must hold or be able to successfully achieve and maintain NPPV3 with SC.
- Able to evidence excellent customer service skills.
- Possess a passion for IT and keen to progress.
- Knowledge of the ITIL ServiceDesk environment.
- Excellent and demonstrable documentation ability, for both technical documents and customer communication.
- Follow policies, procedures and controls.
- Work to strict SLA's and ensure case information is correct and current.
- Working knowledge of Windows 10, 8 and 7 Operating Systems.
- Solid understanding and ideally qualified in extensive use of Office products including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Minimum of 2-3 years 1st Line Service Desk experience.
- Experience in working with 3rd parties and triaging.
What can we offer you?
- Private Medical Insurance or Company Paid Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- 25 days holidays plus your birthday off
- Option to purchase additional holiday (up to 5 days)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance x 4
- A diverse workforce
- Employee investment with Node4 training Academy
- Family savings and shopping discounts through the Node4 benefits portal.
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Modern facilities with open and welcoming breakout areas
- Company Social events
- Never ending supply of hot and cold drinks, biscuits, sweets, and fruit
Why join Node4?
Founded in 2004, Node4 has experienced exceptional growth and success over the years. From an office in Derby to locations nationwide. From three people to a workforce of over 1200. We believe that our people are the driving force behind our success. We are a vibrant, passionate, and diverse team committed to providing exceptional service as standard. We are proud of our employees and the environment that reflects our core business values of Passion, Innovation, and Trust.
Node4 is the place to be if you are passionate about technology and providing exceptional service while developing your career within a welcoming and evolving company.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR STORY