Become a change maker and the join Node4 Group.
Node4 have a committed, talented, and diverse workforce that is growing all the time, but as we expand through our own growth and acquisitions, we never lose sight of the most important part of our business - our people. We want you to grow, learn, and evolve alongside us. So, whether you're just starting out in your career or looking to progress as an industry professional, Node4 has a place for you.
About the role
Node4 are expanding their Data Ops technical team and are looking for an experienced Senior Database Engineer who is passionate about RDBMS technology and is fully engaged with public cloud offerings, automated deployment, and configuration management. This is a "hands-on" senior technical support position requiring in-depth technical skill and excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will be forward thinking, customer focused and self-motivated with the drive to improve database services and the user experience.
What will you bring?
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments for multiple clients, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Leadership & consultative ability to engage customers to ensure positive outcomes.
- Strong evidence led ability and experience in database managed support.
- A natural desire to continue developing skills and build on experience.
- Prioritise and effectively manage your time amongst several concurrent projects.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical SQL Server systems, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of customer sites
- Participate in an Out-of-Hours database support rota for customer sites
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required in SQL Server 2008 to 2019.
- Experience with tuning and optimisation for performance
- Experience of troubleshooting tools ideally both on-premises and in the cloud
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Monitor database performance to avoid bottlenecks and critical conditions to ensure continued delivery of service
- Strong understanding of the SQL Server architecture
- Strong understanding of T-SQL queries, stored procedures, user-defined functions, views, indexes, and developer code associated with the database
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills, identifying root causes and offering solutions
- Experience of high availability and disaster recovery implementations and maintenance.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Windows Server
- ITIL incident management and problem management
- Azure cloud experience (i.e., Azure SQL Database, Managed Instance, SQL IaaS)
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Experience of code management in GitHub
- Expertise in a second RDBMS speciality
What can we offer you?
- Hybrid Working
- Private Medical Insurance or Company Paid Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- 25 days holidays plus your birthday off
- Holiday buy back scheme (up to 5 days)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance x 4
- A diverse workforce
- Employee investment with Node4 training Academy
- Family savings and shopping discounts through the Node4 benefits portal.
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Modern facilities with open and welcoming breakout areas
- Company Social events
- Never ending supply of hot and cold drinks, biscuits, sweets, and fruit
Why join Node4?
Founded in 2004, Node4 has experienced exceptional growth and success over the years, acquiring TNP, Risual, and Tisski to form the Node4 group. We believe that our people are the driving force behind our success. We are a vibrant, passionate, and diverse team committed to providing exceptional service as standard. We are proud of our employees and the environment that reflects our core business values of Passion, Innovation, and Trust.
Simply put, Node4 is the place to be if you are passionate about technology and providing exceptional service while developing your career within a welcoming and evolving company.
We are the people.