Node4 is looking for a Corporate Systems Senior Engineer to join the Corporates Systems team. The successful candidate will be required to provide and promote a professional, high quality, customer focused service across the business and to our customers and partners, ensuring industry-leading levels of customer satisfaction.
Working with the Corporate Systems Manager and Corporate Principal Engineer, and as part of the wider Corporate Services leadership team, you will be part of a team of people with a passion to deliver a set of corporate systems and tools allowing staff to communicate, collaborate and operate the business.
What will you be doing?
- Technical involvement in the Corporate Systems team, systems and tools
- Assignment of tasks ensuring busines requirements are met
- Promote process improvements, automation and self-service
- Help to ensure exceptional quality and consistent corporate systems delivery & operations supporting Node4 overlay services, and internal & external customers
- Manage your workload and performance
- Help define, develop and maintain the Node4 Corporate Systems, processes and working practices
- Manage escalations and provide major incident support
- Out of hours on call escalation support is expected
- Help implement and update team KPIs and dashboards
- Help implement effective staff training plans underpinned by a staff skills matrix
- Help define and implement security best practice across the environment and team
- Ensure documentation is accurate and available to Corporate Services and the wider Node4 teams as required
- Play a key role in business licence compliance, vulnerability management and business continuity
- Proactively identify security risks within the business and collaborate with the relevant leadership to reduce risk profile
- Support in the due diligence of Target Acquisitions and support the integration
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement that encourages, engages and supports a high level of professional development and personal responsibility
- Ensure correct procedures and processes are followed
- Take personal responsibility for and actively engage in skills training and development
What will you bring?
- Excellent knowledge of security practices, business continuity, network, cloud platform management and support
- Confident, self-assured ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Node4 systems and networks
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and energetic environment
- Presentation preparation and delivery
- Organisation, numeracy and a structured approach to work
- A team player who can work with diverse areas within Node4
- Interest in Technology and Business
- Ability to work proactively and to tight deadlines
- A positive can-do attitude
- High level of competency with Active Directory (and associated components such as Group Policies, DFS, permissions, delegation, design, Trusts), DNS, DHCP, Office 365, powershell scripting, Windows Server O/S up to current versions
- Experience with working with Server virtualisation
- Either be in possession of, or be able demonstrate as successfully working towards, recognised MS qualifications appropriate to the role
- InTune and NCentral knowledge would be an advantage
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.