Here at Node4, we are currently on the look out for a Cloud Services Engineer to join our growing Cloud Services team! This is the ideal role for an experienced professional with excellent Microsoft skills looking to join a rapidly growing, award-winning and highly accredited company.
As a Cloud Services Engineer, you will work within our Cloud Services Team to provide escalated operational support for systems within the cloud architecture. This will include Cloud services development, advanced troubleshooting, and the management of Cloud services.
What you will do
- Involvement in the planning and provisioning of new services.
- Prepare & present migration plans to senior staff for approval.
- Lead point of contact to deliver customer projects.
- Handover services to customers.
- Ensure customer technical documentation is maintained.
- Manage scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Manage technical risks to customer platforms.
- Ensure the systems are running at peak performance levels and are maintaining a high level of availability.
- Proactively manage events and incidents as they arise through the Secura Service Desk.
- Manage and participate in problem management.
- Ensure customer SLA’s are met.
- Be an authority for the Node4 change management process.
What will you bring?
- Strong Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Strong Prioritisation Skills
- Proven track record in delivering IT solutions
- Experience in a Managed Services role
- Experience supporting Microsoft Server
- Experience supporting Linux OS
- Experience delivering virtualised platforms
- Experience supporting shared storage infrastructure
- Manage and participate in 24/7 on-call rota
- Experience supporting backup technologies
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Perl, PHP, VBScript etc.)
- Experience in a Hosting company
- Experience with vCloud Director & vSphere
- VMware Certified
- ITIL foundation or above certification
- Experience working with ITIL based service desk
- Strong understanding of networking principals
- Certification in Storage Technologies
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.