Would you like to work in a dynamic environment and get involved in cutting edge network technologies? With company growth and expansion, we are expanding our Network Infrastructure team and looking for an experienced infrastructure professional to join our progressive team. Working as member of the Network Infrastructure Team you will be responsible for maintaining, operating, and securing the Node4 service provider network and corporate infrastructure.
What will you be doing?
As a key member of the infrastructure team you will be responsible for the upkeep and provisioning of the Node4 cloud platform following company guidelines for support, internal maintenance and external projects.
- Working within our Network Infrastructure Team you will ensure the operational uptime of the Node4 Cloud Networking Services.
- Installation, configuration, and management of dedicated and shared cloud networking infrastructure within the Node4 Data Centres.
- Escalated operational support for systems within the cloud networking architecture. The Network Infrastructure team own any incidents through to resolution and provide root cause analysis.
- Liaise with both customers and internal stakeholders, act as lead point of contact when delivering technical aspects of projects and ensuring continuity of services and customer satisfaction regarding the Cloud storage platform.
- Approach problems in an analytical and logical way with exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Working within ITIL based approach to Incident, problem, and change management
- Occasional weekend and evening work to facilitate upgrades and other works on the Node4 Cloud Network Platform
- Part of On-Call Rota when required, providing out-of-hours support to escalations from second line support staff.
What will you bring?
To carry out the role effectively it is important to demonstrate, have and maintain the following attributes:
- Self-driven and self-managed, with good forward planning skills.
- Innovative and dynamic, creative problem solving
- A drive to be better in all areas.
- Remain enthusiastic about the work and stay up to date with the latest developments of the technology being used.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confidence to work and communicate across a variety of audiences in a professional manner.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Analytical and customer focused.
- Basic provisioning of vlan trunking, spanning-tree, monitoring polices and LACP
- Experience with Cisco Nexus operating systems
- Understanding of network equipment backup and restore procedures
- General experience within VMware virtualised environments
- General experience with storage network connectivity including NFS and iSCSI
- Knowledge/experience with using Cisco ACI
Experience in any of the following technologies would also be ideal:
- Cisco ACI
- Cisco UCS
- vCloud Director
- Microsoft Technologies
- PowerShell/Python scripting
- Basic Linux knowledge for administration
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.