Node4 is looking for a Cloud Support Engineer that is meticulously organised, thrives under pressure and can handle customer issues calmly and effectively. You will act as the first point of contact and will be expected to provide technical and non-technical support to our customers over the phone and via support tickets. You need to display good judgment, creating and maintaining customer loyalty by going above and beyond the customer’s expectation.
What will you be doing?
- Proactively manage events and incidents as they arise through the Service Desk.
- Manage and participate in problem management.
- Ensure customer SLA’s are met.
- Be an authority for the company’s change management process.
- Engage with 3rd party support suppliers to ensure OLA’s that underpin customer SLA’s are maintained.
- Ensure customer technical documentation is maintained.
- Manage scheduled maintenance tasks.
- Manage technical risks to customer platforms.
- Ensure the systems are running at peak performance levels and are maintaining a high level of availability
What will you bring?
- Strong Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Strong Prioritisation Skills
- Proven track record in delivering IT solutions
- Experience in a Managed Services role
- Experience supporting Microsoft Server or Linux OS
- Experience delivering virtualised platforms
- Experience supporting shared storage infrastructure
- Experience supporting backup technologies
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Perl, PHP, VBScript etc.)
- Experience in a Hosting company
- Experience with vCloud Director & vSphere
- VMware Certified
- ITIL foundation or above certification
- Experience working with ITIL based service desk
- Strong understanding of networking principals
- Experience supporting Linux OS
- Experience supporting databases (MS SQL server, MySQL, Oracle or other)
- Understanding of DoS/DDoS attacks and mitigation techniques
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.