Working as part of a Collaboration Team you will be responsible for ensuring that the support team appropriately manage the resolution of incidents, issues and problems escalated from the service desk, raised via system monitoring tools, customer-initiated tickets and calls and other means. This will be a dual role with both hands-on 3rd/4th line technical and team leader/manager skills required - You will be the senior engineer within the support team as well as providing day to day management of the team. You will be supported by 4th line engineers, project engineers and SDN engineers. We would estimate the role to be 75% technical hands-on and 25% team management.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring tickets are not escalated to 4th line unnecessarily
- Management of the support engineer shift rotas
- Monitoring performance of support team members
- Ensuring tickets are responded to with SLAs by the support team
- Ensuring ticket responses are professional and appropriate
- Managing customer complaints & escalations
- Writing incident reports
- Major incident management
- Building knowledge bases
- Mentoring & training support engineers / pro-actively developing the team members as their technical capabilities
- Liaising with customer services on escalations
- Ensuring tickets are appropriately prioritised – this priority may be based upon customer importance rather than fault priority
- Review Collaboration Team Overdue Ticket Report and actioning appropriately
- Chairing weekly team meetings
- Ensuring employee retention, recruitment and discipline
- Development of support productisation
- Providing a monthly report on support team performance.
What will you bring?
- 3rd / 4th Line support of LANs, WANs and Wireless networks
- Competency in the support and configuration of IP telephony systems (any of the following would be extremely desirable: NEC SV8100, NEC 3C, Cisco UCM, Zeacom, Polycom).
- Knowledge of SIP & VOIP technology
- Experience with deploying Microsoft server technology
- Ability to debug VoIP solutions using packet captures
- General IP networking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confidence to work and communicate across a variety of audiences in a professional manner
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- People management capabilities
- Being able to work as part of a team
- Relevant technical competence
- Analytical and customer focused
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.