Would you like to work for a vibrant and growing company that puts its people at the heart of what it does and has been recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work® for the 3rd year running!! If the answer is yes, then look no further…
Here at Node4, we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Software Systems to join our amazing Infrastructure team. The successful candidate will lead the software engineering department responsible for all software engineering activities at Node4, centring around our platform Nexus (https://nexus.node4.co.uk). You will take responsibility for ensuring that the teams working for you are high performing, focussed on delivery of user value, and writing high quality software keeping technical debt to a manageable level. You will own the product roadmap for the software engineering department, engaging with stakeholders, and ensuring that product direction is clearly communicated.
What you’ll be doing?
- Mentoring your management team, setting direction of technology use, continuously improving software lifecycles, and manage technical debt.
- Define processes to manage the software development lifecycle at Node4
- Line management responsibilities for the software management team, including setting personal development plans, conducting performance reviews and helping the individuals within the team succeed
- Manage the relationship with any vendors of systems or services that the Software Engineering team require
- Working with the Software Architect, own the roadmap and product strategy
- Facilitating knowledge sharing and definition of standards for team conventions on version control, documentation, sharing of work, and testing.
- Working with the various departments within Node4 to help expose their technology into the Node4 customer, partner and staff facing portals.
- Develop good working relationships across all departments
- Drive opportunities to add further value to the customer, team & wider business
What you’ll bring?
- Understanding of software development lifecycles, product management practices and techniques for scaling high performing software engineering organisations
- Experience managing software engineering teams
- An understanding of common software management frameworks, such as SCRUM, Kanban, XP
- A good understanding of DevOps managerial principles, and thoughts on how to enable Flow, Feedback and Continual Learning & Development
- A keen understanding of team dynamics and software management practices
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal, written and face-to-face)
- Be an effective manager of your own time
- A team player who can work with diverse areas within Node4
- Interest in Technology and Business
- A positive can-do attitude
Working at Node4!
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers, prospects and one another.