Node4 is currently on the look out to recruit a Principle Storage Engineer to join our fantastic Corporate Infrastructure team.
The successful candidate will be required to provide and promote a professional, high quality, customer focused service across the business and to our customers and partners, ensuring industry-leading levels of customer satisfaction. Working with the Corporate Infrastructure Manager and as part of the wider Corporate Services leadership team, you will be responsible for a team of people with a passion to deliver a set of corporate systems and tools allowing staff to communicate, collaborate and operate the business
What will you be doing?
- Technical responsibility for the Corporate Cloud and Storage Infrastructure team, systems and tools
- Assignment of tasks ensuring business requirements are met
- Promote process improvements, automation and self-service
- Help to ensure exceptional quality and consistent corporate systems delivery & operations supporting Node4 overlay services, and internal & external customers
- Manage staff workload and monitor their performance
- Acting as a “go-to” mentor within the Corporate Infrastructure team
- Help define, develop and maintain the Node4 Corporate Cloud infrastructure, processes and working practices
- Manage escalations and provide major incident support
- Out of hours on call escalation support is expected
- Help implement and update team KPIs and dashboards
- Help implement effective staff training plans underpinned by a staff skills matrix
- Help define and implement security best practice across the environment and team
- Ensure documentation is accurate and available to Corporate Services and the wider Node4 teams as required
- Play a key role in business licence compliance, vulnerability management and business continuity
- Proactively identify security risks within the business and collaborate with the relevant leadership to reduce risk profile
- Support in the due diligence of Target Acquisitions and support the integration
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous improvement that encourages, engages and supports a high level of professional development and personal responsibility
- Ensure correct procedures and processes are followed
What will you bring?
- Excellent knowledge of security practices, business continuity, network, cloud platform management and support
- Confident, self-assured ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience of leading a technical team
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Node4 systems and networks
- Enjoy working in a fast paced and energetic environment
- Presentation preparation and delivery
- Organisation, numeracy and a structured approach to work
- A team player who can work with diverse areas within Node4
- Interest in Technology and Business
- Ability to work proactively and to tight deadlines
- A positive can-do attitude
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.