Node4 is looking for a Service Design Manager who is a transformational thinker to join us and provide High Level Design assistance in scoping customers’ service requirements when these are bespoke or fall outside of the Node4 Group standard set of services.
What will you be doing?
- Produce service designs in the form of high level and low-level Service Design Packages (SDPs) articulating what is required to deliver, operate, and manage the services to be consumed by the customer.
- Design and document how services and solutions will be monitored, maintained, and reported against, including what Service Levels the service will deliver (including contractual obligations, service level agreements, 3rd party service measurements and engagement approaches and any further metrics and KPIs).
- Review and develop existing ITIL processes (Incident, Problem, Change, Capacity, Transition etc) to ensure consistent application and delivery across all services to all Node4 Group customers, ensuring any local variances are clearly documented and approved as part of wider customer documentation.
- Manage the service design of a portfolio of projects – reviewing, contributing and being responsible for the relevant project design documentation throughout the Technology Lifecyle.
- Manage the transition of new or changed services into production, ensuring that they meet the standards and criteria for implementation into the production environment.
- Collaborate with Commercial, Sales and Account Management colleagues to ensure bespoke services, and non-functional requirements are documented, commercialised, and invoiced.
- Work with Transition Management to operate a ‘handshake’ between Pre-Sales, Solutions Architects and Transition Management to ensure all requirements are clearly articulated, documented, and agreed to enable a seamless process of design, delivery and go live.
Please check the full list of responsibilities in the job description attached
What will you bring?
As Service Design Manager you will be expected to demonstrate certain skills to successfully fulfil the role. These include:
- An extensive grounding in Service Design and Transition Management.
- Extensive experience within a Managed IT Service Provider industry with demonstrable involvement within the sales to service lifecycle.
- Motivational people management and leadership within a matrix-managed environment.
- Your experience will clearly demonstrate your ability to support high growth businesses to achieve their full potential through designing and delivering achievable service models
How you’ll like to operate:
- Self-starter and transformational thinker.
- Delivering with energy and enthusiasm.
- Welcome complex challenges that need solving in an evolving operation.
- Being assertive and persistent – ensuring the right things are prioritised and delivered.
- Happy to “roll your sleeves up” and work with the “techies” and broader operation.
- Understand the importance and how to deliver
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal, written and face-to-face)
The role will also require you to hold and maintain the following qualifications:
- ITIL v3 or v4 Foundation
- ITIL Service Design
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.