Interested in joining a company that seeks to provide continual support and offers a proactive environment? At Node4, we have an exciting opportunity for a DevOPS Engineer to join us and be an integral part of the DevOPS team. As a DevOPS engineer, you will manage, support and optimise the Node4 DevOPS platform ensuring security, scalability, performance and reliability across the stack.
What will you be doing?
- Manage and support the Node4 DevOPS platforms
- Operation, maintenance and monitoring of an enterprise grade Kubernetes environment to aid in the continuous improvement of the platforms performance, functionality and availability
- Deploying and updating micro-services using Helm
- Operation and maintenance of deployed technologies such as MongoDB, Redis & RabbitMQ
- Review upcoming technology to establish new operating practices to future proof the DevOPS environment
- Consistently demonstrate and champion ESaaS & L4 behaviours – acting as a role model & ambassador for Node4
- Develop good working relationships across all departments
- Drive opportunities to add further value to the customer, team & wider business
- Seek feedback & regularly reflect on own performance
- Ensure knowledge share & best practice are common practice
- Challenge the status quo, acting as a positive role for innovation
- Ensure correct procedures and processes are followed
- Take personal responsibility for and actively engage in product, systems and skills training and development
What will you bring?
- Knowledge of Kubernetes and or Docker
- A desire to learn Terraform, Argo, Helm, MongoDB, Redis, Hashicorp Vault, Rancher
- Familiarity with the concepts of Cloud and virtualisation (with working experience of running workloads on one of these Platforms, VMWare, Azure or AWS
- Monitoring and reporting (Grafana, Prometheus, ELK stack)
- Linux o/s skills
- have excellent communication skills (verbal, written and face-to-face)
- demonstrate a good understanding of Node4 solutions
- be an effective manager of your own time
- You must have excellent writing skills
- You must have exceptional attention to detail
- Organisation, numeracy and a structured approach to work
- A team player who can work with diverse areas within Node4
- A positive can-do attitude
Once in the role we will encourage and support you to obtain the following qualification:
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.