We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Network Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing Infrastructure team at Node4. Service provider or enterprise networking experience is essential for this role.
As a Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining, operating, and securing the Node4 service provider network and corporate infrastructure.
What will you be doing?
- Support of the Node4 Service Provider core network, distribution and access networks across Node4s Data Centres and Points of Presence
- Ownership and responsibility for the delivery of network infrastructure projects including upgrades, migrations, and new infrastructure. This includes the network design and innovation of new services working closely with the Architecture team to implement new services.
- Accountability for continuous improvement to provide and ensure high uptime & performance.
- Line management and operational responsibility for the infrastructure, and infrastructure engineers, in the absence of the Network manager.
- The provision of infrastructure devices including routers, access switching, DC switching and firewalls – configuration, staging, implementation, testing and handover to in life service
- Develop, contribute, and drive the strategic technical direction of the Network Infrastructure team
- Providing mentoring and acting as a “go-to” for development support for the Network Infrastructure team
- Managing escalations and providing major incident support for the Network Infrastructure team
- Responsible for attending CAB’s and peer check change controls.
- Define test documentation, handover documents, and the creation / updates to, internal documentation
- Committing to learning and developing new skills in a service provider environment, and obtaining appropriate professional certifications supported by Node4
- Out of office hours working, and/or offset working hours, will be required to support business needs
- On site visits (Node4 DCs and POPs) may be required to support business needs
- You will be required to join the on-call rota.
What will you bring?
To carry out the role effectively it is important to demonstrate, have and maintain the following attributes:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Confidence to work and communicate across a variety of audiences in a professional manner
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Relevant technical competence
- Analytical, methodical and customer service focused
- Experience of working in regulated change management environments based on ITIL principles
Core Skills – Low level network design, implement plans, acceptance testing, configuration design, configuration, access switching, data centre switching, enterprise routing, and Firewalls/security
Desirable skills – Juniper service provider routing (BGP and MPLS), Juniper access switching, Cisco Data Centre Switching, Fortinet FW security
Certifications/ability – Cisco CCNP and/or Juniper JNCIS/JNCIP and/or Fortinet NSE5 (or be able to demonstrate technical capability associated to these certifications)
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.