Are you looking to join an ardent and committed Operational Technical Team? We are looking for an experienced Senior Database Engineer,who is passionate about RDBMS/Public Cloud technology and is fully engaged with forward looking technologies and service models.
As one of our professional Senior Database Engineers specifically for Oracle, you will be responsible for providing 3rd Line support and strategic consultancy for database services (including Cloud-based) through both onsite (UK/Europe only) and remote delivery (global).
What you'll be doing..
- Developing and contributing to the strategic technical direction of the Data Ops team
- Acting as a technical lead across the business and Client-base for Oracle technology
- Supporting support hours of Mon-Fri, 09:00 to 17:30
- Providing Out-of-hours delivery and support on-call
- Acting as a “go-to” mentor for other personnel within the Data Ops team
- Providing exceptional quality database support and development services to Data Ops clients through both consultancy professional services and delivery of remote fully managed database services
- Delivering work in adherence with Data Ops and Node4 security and operational processes
- Being a consummate technology professional upholding and re-enforcing the Node4 professional culture and standards working to agreed service level agreements and professional conduct
- Developing the service offering strategy with key stake holders for Oracle
- Helping develop and mentor the junior members of the technical team
- Giving full commitment to learning and developing new skills and obtaining appropriate professional certifications supported by Node4
What we're looking for..
- Confident, self-assured ability to communicate effectively with Client technical and non-technical stakeholders with proven ability to influence outcomes and set the strategic technical agenda
- Demonstrable professional experience with Oracle database technology as an advanced expert specialism, including solid support experience with varied and complex environments and critical databases with demanding OLA’s and SLA’s
- Multiple version and edition capability with Oracle Database with a clear understanding of its future technology road-map
- Working with virtualised / clustered systems
- Experience with High Availability architectures and configuring fit-for-purpose back-up and recovery processes
- Strong analytical ability to support complex problem solving and presentation of issues and solutions into a focused, structured professional services report
- A passion to learn and develop skills with new and existing database/Cloud technologies
- Professional experience with a second RDBMS technology in addition to your Oracle specialism
- Provisioning database environments on Public cloud offerings (Azure, AWS)
- Operating within a Site Reliability Engineering team
- Continuous integration and deployment using tools such as Git, Jenkins, Team City, Redgate, and Octopus
- Process orchestration skills using Ansible (or similar technology) and scripting (e.g. PowerShell, Bash) providing database provisioning and maintenance capability
- Experience with popular NoSQL technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Couchbase, Cassandra)
- Working with MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.