Are you someone that has experience of working with data and solving a wide variety of issues? Have you got the skills to mentor staff, prioritise and handle tasks efficiently?
Node4 is looking for a Senior Cloud Support Engineer ideally with previous MSP experience, to join the Operations team and take on the overall responsibility for the delivery of technical projects, including delivery of new technical services and provisioning of customer services. You will take an active role in the delivery of the Service Desk and will be an escalation point for technical issues arising from the 24/7 service desk.
What you'll be doing..
- Proactively manage events and incidents as they arise through the Service Desk.
- Manage and participate in problem management.
- Ensure customer SLA’s are met.
- Be an authority for the change management process.
- Engage with 3rd party support suppliers to ensure OLA’s that underpin customer SLA’s are maintained.
- Ensure customer technical documentation is maintained.
- Mentor and inspire technical staff.
- Involvement in the planning and provisioning of new services.
- Prepare & present migration plans to senior staff for approval
- Ensure team processes are adhering to company policies.
What we're looking for..
- Strong Interpersonal & Communication Skills
- Strong Prioritisation Skills
- Proven track record in delivering IT solutions
- Experience in a Managed Services role
- Experience supporting Microsoft Server or Linux OS
- Experience delivering virtualised platforms
- Experience supporting shared storage infrastructure
- Experience supporting backup technologies
- Experience with scripting languages (PowerShell, Perl, PHP, VBScript etc.)
- Experience in a Hosting company
- Experience with vCloud Director & vSphere
- VMware Certified
- ITIL foundation or above certification
- Experience working with ITIL based service desk
- Strong understanding of networking principals
- Experience supporting databases (MS SQL server, MySQL, Oracle or other)
- Understanding of DoS/DDoS attacks and mitigation techniques
- Experience of supporting an enterprise monitoring and alerting platform
- Experience of designing and maintaining disaster recovery solutions
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.