Do you like the idea of joining a company with a dynamic work environment and opportunities to work with cutting edge cloud technologies? As we expand into new markets and introduce new solutions into our product range, we have a requirement to expand our Cloud Infrastructure team and are seeking a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join us.
This is the ideal role for an experienced infrastructure professional looking to join a dynamic team within a rapidly growing, award-winning and highly accredited company. You will need to have in-depth technical knowledge of NetApp compute & storage, VMware vSphere & vCloud Director, Cisco UCS compute.
What you'll do..
- Working within our Cloud Infrastructure Team you will ensure the operational uptime of the Node4 Cloud Services.
- Installation, configuration, and management of dedicated and shared cloud infrastructures within the Node4 Data Centres.
- Leading by example and mentoring junior members of the team
- Final escalation point for systems within the cloud architecture. The Cloud Infrastructure team own any incidents through to resolution and provide root cause analysis.
- Liaise with both customers and internal stakeholders, act as lead point of contact when delivering technical aspects of projects and ensuring continuity of services and customer satisfaction regarding the Cloud storage platform.
- Approach problems in an analytical and logical way with exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Working within ITIL based approach to Incident, problem, and change management
- Occasional weekend and evening work to facilitate upgrades and other works on the Node4 Cloud Platform
- Part of On-Call Rota when required, providing out-of-hours support to escalations from second line support staff
What we're looking for..
- Self-driven and self-managed, with good forward planning skills.
- Innovative and dynamic, creative problem solving
- A drive to be better in all areas.
- Remain enthusiastic about the work and stay up to date with the latest developments of the technology being used.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confidence to work and communicate across a variety of audiences in a professional manner.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Analytical and customer focused.
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.