We are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer, ideally from an MSP background responsible for working in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. You will work to improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems in various organisations.
You will provide strategic guidance to clients with regard to technology and IT infrastructures and will enable major business processes through enhancements to IT. You may also be called upon to provide guidance and technical expertise during other processes as well, such as selection and procurement and user training and feedback.
You will demonstrate exceptional knowledge of IT to deliver quality work that will drive customer satisfaction, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work well within a team. You should be updated with the latest industry technologies and services, highly motivated, and embrace a collaborative mindset.
The role will require the successful candidate to take part in an on-call rota where you will be providing out of hours support to clients one week in every four or five.
What you’ll do?
- Meet with clients to determine requirements
- Work with clients to define the scope of a project
- Plan timescales and the resources needed
- Clarify a client's system specifications, understand their work practices and the nature of their business
- Liaise with staff at all levels of a client organisation
- Define software, hardware and network requirements
- Analyse IT requirements within companies and give independent and objective advice on the use of IT
- Design and develop agreed solutions and implement new systems
- Present solutions in written or oral reports
- Help clients with change-management activities
- Design, test, install and monitor new systems
- Prepare documentation and present progress reports to customers
- Organise training for users and other consultants
- Be involved in technical pre sales and support, and where appropriate, maintain contact with client organisations
- Identify potential opportunities and build and maintain client relationships.
What we're looking for..
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork skills
- A logical approach to problem solving/analysing
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Confident decision making
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organisational skills to prioritise heavy workloads
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-IT clients and colleagues
- Microsoft Windows Server solutions design, deployment, configuration, and administration.
- Hypervisor solutions design, deployment, configuration, and administration including VMWare and Hyper-V.
- Microsoft Exchange Server solutions design, deployment, configuration, and administration.
- Microsoft SQL deployment, configuration, and administration desirable but not essential.
- Microsoft 365 / Exchange Online solutions design, deployment, configuration, and administration.
- Backup solutions including Veeam, Backup Exec and Solarwinds Backup
- Understanding of large networking infrastructure including the design, deployment, configuration, and administration of LAN / VLAN / WLAN / WAN / SAN
- Firewall (SonicWALL) / ATM / gateway and endpoint protection skills including sizing, deployment, configuration, and administration.
- Any Experience of SolarWinds N-Central suite of products would be beneficial.
- Experience of deploying Dell and/or HP Server hardware.
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.