We currently have an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to take their next step within the Technical Architect world. We are looking for a Senior Technical Architect to be responsible for creating comprehensive architecture for a solution and providing strategic direction throughout the development process, ensuring that customers receive the outcomes which contractually and operationally meet their requirements through the delivery of technology and process.
As one of our Senior Technical Architect you will being working closely with the business and IT stakeholders to design solutions in support of our enterprise goals, along side providing governance to ensure the change initiatives align to the businesses Architectural principles and contribute to the application architecture.
What you’ll be doing..
- Assist in the creation of technology roadmaps and identify best practice initiatives for solution architecture
- Work on complex projects, consulting with stakeholders on new requirements and identifying IT solutions that enable the business to operate effectively and efficiently
- Work closely with our 3rd party delivery partners to ensure end to end business services are optimised, automated and affordable
- Work closely with Pre-Sales team to qualify and architect solutions, contributing to and producing proposals, Statement of Works and technical documentation (High Level design and Low Level Design)
- Participate in customer meetings, leading technical discussions and act as the technical point of contact with customers ensuring smooth transition from pre- to post-sales.
- Work closely with project management and delivery teams assisting with project planning and technical delivery steps.
- Act as technical authority on complex projects (multi department), being front and centre translating customer requirements to the technical delivery teams.
- Work closely with product team to validate new products and services from a technical perspective to ensure alignment with the overarching business strategy of Node4.
- Work closely with technical support and delivery teams to help develop internal systems to drive efficiencies and an improved end-to-end journey for colleagues and customers.
- Proactively look at upcoming technologies and evaluate how they could benefit the business and present the findings to the appropriate people.
- Provide occasional 4th line support for Problem tickets to support the wider Operations organisation
- Follow appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies.
- Drive improvements to architecture standards to ensure they are kept in line with current development methodologies and industry standards.
What we're looking for..
- Excellent understanding and a good level of competency of good practice in the end-to-end processes of designing, building, testing and releasing solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of designing solutions for a fast-paced, high impacting, digital delivery environment.
- Able to communicate a complicated problem succinctly, accurately and coherently to a team with different skill sets.
- Assess and collect all relevant information for design decisions and be able to interpret customer needs into business applications.
- Influence others through verbal communication and be able to articulate and present technical information in a structured and authoritative manner while gaining credibility for your own technical expertise.
- Strong problem-solving nature, with the ability to examine a problem and involve the appropriate people at the appropriate time.
- Able to lead by example and participate in group activities and knowledge sharing with other team members, guiding others and expanding their knowledge base.
- Strong commercial awareness, understanding the wider impact of making decisions across the department and the business.
Why join us?
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers – and one another.