Node4 are looking for an experienced Database Manager with extensive line management and technical experience. The Data Operations Manager will be responsible for the DataOps team that comprises technical managers, technical design authorities, and a blend of senior and mid-senior database engineers.
Since its launch in April 2004, Node4 has grown in turnover and profitability year on year. With our UK based state-of-the-art data centres and national MPLS Network, we have developed a range of compelling solutions forming a unique service portfolio covering data centre services, voice services, database services, hosting, and connectivity. We are committed to building on our growing success by meeting and exceeding customer’s expectations through continued investment in our services facilities, infrastructure and most importantly our team.
What you'll be doing..
- Management of work-in-progress deliverables including technical scope reviews, design documents, resource scheduling and forecasting, progress tracking and reporting
- Line management and operational responsibility for the Data Ops team
- To ensure exceptional quality consistent database delivery and support to Node4 Data Ops customers
- To ensure that all delivery and support activities adhere to Node4 security and operational processes
- To be a consummate technology professional upholding and re-enforcing the Node4 professional culture and standards working to ensure compliance with agreed service level agreements, operational level agreements, and professional conduct
- Develop, contribute, and drive the strategic technical direction of the Node4 Data Ops team
- Providing mentoring and development support for the Data Ops team
- Managing escalations and providing major incident support for the Data Ops team
- Develop the service offering strategy with key stake holders and the team for supported Data Ops technologies
What we're looking for..
- Confident, self-assured ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders with a proven ability to influence outcomes and set the strategic technical agenda
- Strong analytical ability to support complex problem solving and presentation of issues and solutions into focused, structured content for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptional customer facing skills that promote a positive, collaborative, and productive professional relationship
- A passion for working with multiple customer environments and a desire to take ownership of solution design and project requirements
- Demonstrable professional experience with multiple RDBMS technologies as an advanced professional specialism in at least one technology, including evidenced delivery and production support experience with varied and complex environments and critical databases with demanding SLAs/OLAs
- Experience in the delivery of database management on private and public cloud infrastructure
- Understanding of data warehouse principles along with data analytics.
- Experience with popular NoSQL technologies
- ITIL v3 / v4 foundation certification or demonstrable/evidenced ITIL best practice implementation experience
Working at Node4!
Recognised as one of the UK’s 100 Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, Node4 is an innovative Managed Services Provider, offering IT infrastructure and services, all flexibly deployed across our own infrastructure fabric and the public cloud.
We provide a range of solutions, including cloud services to support hybrid and multi-cloud models, connectivity, data services, collaboration, and security. This enables us to help UK businesses in every sector do more in the digital age.
Work for Node4 and you will be part of a friendly, supportive culture focused on delivering Exceptional Service as a Standard (ESaaS) to our customers, prospects and one another.